Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

About us

Our centre

Our vision is that students participating in programs will work towards acquiring a greater love for, and understanding of, themselves, each other, the environment, and a willingness to take positive action based on their new awareness.

Sunday Creek campsite is situated on a special lease in the middle of the Conondale National Park approximately 45km north of Kilcoy and 30km west of Kenilworth. The centre is also located on the 'Jimna Diggings' where gold was first discovered in 1868. The population fluctuated in the area from a boom of 3000 people, to a low of a few prospectors scratching for alluvial gold, over a period of ninety years.

In 1948, the site operated a sawmill owned by Queensland Soft and Hardwoods Pty Ltd. This mill utilised timber from the surrounding forest and had the contract for supplying the bearers in the construction of school buildings. The mill closed in the early 1960’s and the buildings were acquired by the forestry service. In 1976 the buildings and a small surrounding area were leased by the Education Department and converted into a Field Study Centre. Sunday Creek received a name change in 1988 and is now known as Sunday Creek Environmental Education Centre.